Norman Filter Co. supplies a wide range of filter assemblies both standard and custom in support of D.O.D. weapon and shipboard systems for all branches of the armed services. Our ability to respond quickly and accurately in support of these demanding applications has made Norman Filter Co. the go to supplier when time is critical.
Marine Filter Applications
亿万先生001NFC products are used fleet wide for high-pressure control air filtration after undergoing rigorous shock test qualification for shipboard use. Common applications we supply filter assemblies for include:
- U.S. Shipyards and Naval Dock Facilities: These applications require NFC dual element T-type filters to ensure clean and usable compressed air from the source. Our line of medium pressure filters features anodized aluminum housings and a flow rate of 0-150 GPM.
- Naval Vessels: Virtually every Naval vessel afloat utilizes Norman Filter Co. high flow & high-pressure filters in various applications. Operational pressure up to 8,000 PSI, and proof pressure up to 12,000 PSI (Contact NFC for burst pressure rating based on part geometry and port configuration). All variants of the new Littoral combat vessels main firefighting water supply are filtered through a modified version of our 4900 series, 150 GPM rated stainless steel assemblies.
- Shipboard Firefighting Systems: Every shipboard Halon firefighting system integrates our 4300 series straight in-line filters for control valve protection. These filters feature precision-woven stainless steel wire mesh element. A custom designed 4200 series in-line filter with line replaceable assembly is a key component for shipboard radar systems PAO coolant filtration, and have an ASME Section 8/B31.3 compliant design.
- Nuclear Submarines: All nuclear submarines in the U.S. fleet require Norman Filter Co. products pier side for water filtration support, gage calibration equipment protection, and numerous other fluid filtration applications. The Advanced SEAL Delivery System incorporates a copper nickel version of our 4500 series, and 43/4400 series assemblies for sea water filtration.
- U.S. Army Land Forces: Our land forces utilize NFC products in support of the Centurion Weapon System designed for integrated close in defense. Mobile communication towers built for the U.S. Army utilize components designed and manufactured by Norman Filter Co.
Norman Filter Co. strives each and every day to support our warfighters with the highest quality filtration components available in the industry. Contact our experts today to find the perfect product for your operation.